Process Engineer Job Posting
MMR Consulting is an engineering and consulting firm specializing in the pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries. Its services include Engineering, Project Management, CSV, CQV, and Compliance Consulting services. MMR’s Engineering expertise includes Process, Automation, Facilities engineering. Pharmaceutical expertise includes Oral Solid Dosage, Semi-Solids, Liquid-Dosage (TS and Aseptic), API manufacturing, Biotechnology (Vaccines, Blood Plasma Fractions, Monoclonal Antibodies).
MMR’s services range throughout all stages of pharmaceutical projects. A typical engineering project may include support from initial concept development, up to technical support after systems have initiated operations, in addition to acting as an ‘owner’s representative’ throughout the project. Our vision is to be a customer focused, engineering and consulting firm, and to make complex projects seem very seamless for our clients. A breakdown of a typical engineering project’s services may include initial feasibility assessment, budget, scope, schedule development and project planning, various stages of engineering and specifications development, tendering and management of suppliers and contractors, supervising installations, authoring and executing commissioning and validation protocols, performing start-up activities such as training, technical support, SOPs, spare parts implementation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our growing team, where the successful candidate will work with a group of engineers involved in the design, project management, commissioning and start-up of various processes, systems and facilities.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to
- Provide technical guidance into the design, project management, commissioning and validation, and start-up of various processes and equipment.
- Perform/review process engineering drawings and calculations, whether as part of engineering design or as part of verification of calculations of vendors/client/other consultants, or Junior Engineers at MMR Consulting. Drawings may include PFDs, P&IDs as well as others. Calculations may include heat exchanger, pump, piping, control valve sizing, safety relief valve sizing, hydraulic analysis, heat and mass balances, as well as other engineered calculations
- Prepare/review technical data sheets for various equipment, instrumentation, and systems (such as vessel data sheets, etc…).
- Prepare/review risk assessments and HAZOPs.
- Provide technical process engineering guidance to junior engineers.
- Prepare/review automation sequences, as required for Process Automation, such as Functional Specifications (FS).
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines and other cross-functional departments(automation engineering, facilities engineering, process engineering, validation, project management, operations, quality, safety).
- Coordinate meetings with cross-functional departments, to drive project progress, facilitate decisions, provide updates.
- Engage other departments, as required, into design reviews and decisions.
- Prepare, review, execute commissioning and validation protocols, as well as requirementsspecifications, such as User Requirements Specification (URS).
- Work may require occasional support over shutdowns or extended hours, specifically duringinstallation and commissioning / validation phases.
- Typical Biotechnology and Liquids Pharmaceutical Process Equipment may include the following,amongst many others; Upstream Biotech Processes (Fermentation, Bioreactors, Centrifugation, Thawing), Downstream / Purification Biotech Processes (chromatography, TFF, DF, NF-MF), Fill & Finish equipment, Compounding, Media Preparation, CIP/SIP systems, Buffer Preparation, washing equipment, autoclaves, isolators, clean utilities (PW, WFI, CS, PS)
- The work may require working out of client’s facilities, which are typically in the Greater Toronto Area (within one hour driving distance of Toronto).
- You may be involved with other aspects such as client-management (maintain key Client relationships in support of business development and pursuit of new work), project scheduling/budgeting, coordination of client and MMR resources for effective project delivery, supporting business development (providing technical support to the sales as required for proposals/opportunities), presenting at industry conferences/publishing papers etc.
- Visit construction and installation sites, wear necessary safety PPE.
- Supervise contractors during critical installations of process equipment and associated utilities.
- Other duties as assigned by client, and/or MMR, based on workload and project requirements.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices as they relate to the pharmaceutical / biotech industry.
- 10+ years of experience in process engineering, commissioning, and validation of various process systems.
- 7+ Years experience in sterile pharmaceuticals, liquid pharmaceuticals or biotechnology, with a strong knowledge in hygienic processing and bio-process unit operations (either upstream or downstream bio-processing experience is required).
- Posses leadership skills, and able to take initiative to lead projects, involving multiple stakeholders,departments, and varying complexity.
- Engineering degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering,Biochemical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Travel may be required on occasion
To apply to this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and applicable contact information to email@example.com